The Regular Korean Program (RKP) is suitable for general learning and preparation for admission to Korean universities, as well as language improvement.
(Humanities & Social Sciences Campus)
|Feature||Language learning for academic purpose and culture acquisition||Language learning for academic purpose and culture acquisition|
|Session||Six sessions/year (Approx. 8 weeks/session)||2023 Session 1, 2 & 3 (8 weeks/session)|
|Level||Level 1 (Beginner) to Level 6 (Advanced)||Level 1 (Beginner) to Level 3 (Intermediate)|
|Hour||9AM-2:50PM, Monday thru Friday, 260 minutes/day, Approx. 8 weeks||9AM-2:50PM, Monday thru Friday, 260 minutes/day, Approx. 8 weeks|
*Note for Suwon campus
2023 program dates after Session 3 is undecided. Students planning to register onwards should be advised by a SLI office.
Some levels may be unavailable to be open due to minimum enrollment issue.
2. Program schedule
|Year & Session||Application Period||Start||End|
|2023||1||January 2 - February 3||March 2||April 25|
|2||March 6 - 31||April 27||June 22|
|3||May 1 - 26||Jun 26||August 18|
|4||July 3 - 28||August 29||October 27|
|5||September 4 - 29||October 31||December 22|
|6||November 3 - 30||January 2, 2024||February 27, 2024|
- 1) Only ones who successfully go through our screening process are eligible to enroll in our program.
2) Apply during the application period pertinent to your choosing session. Early application's unacceptable.3) Our application period can be closed earlier than the deadline because of capacity, classroom, or other reasons.
3. Class size
1) The number of students in each class is limited to 10 to 15, for lecture quality.
|Lunch break||11:20 AM~12:30 PM||70min|
4. Level placement test and Orientation
- 1) All new students are asked to take 2 tests: a pre-test & a Level Placement Test. Pre-test is optional, a part of SLI Application form.
- On the other hand, SLI level placement test offered on the first day of a session is mandatory for new students. A student’s level is finally decided upon a combination of those two scores. NO makeup test day.
2) New students to Seoul take a placement test on an official test day. Level placement is decided accordingly.3) Applicants to Suwon will take a level placement test conducted through ZOOM. (Monday, April 3rd/The test date may be changed depending on the SLI schedule)
We proudly use "Sungkyun Korean (성균한국어)", authored and reviewed by SKKU faculty members and published by the school publishing team. Available at SKKU bookstore. Our textbook package for each level consists of 2 books: 1) Voca/Grammar and 2) Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing.
6. Field trip
- Students join cultural activities to have a hands-on cultural experience.
7. Academic preparation
- Our students are able to sign up for the SLI's TOPIK Preparation class offered after regular class hour.
8. Tutoring room
- Need more help in learning Korean? Meet our instructors in the SLI tutoring room available after class hour.
9. Tuition and fees
|Tuition & Fees||Seoul Campus||Suwon Campus||Note|
|Tuition rate||KRW1,700,000||KRW1,700,000||If you register for Suwon Campus session 2&3 promotion, the tuition fee for session 3 will be reduced.|
Paid when admitted
**Special promotion for the 2023-2,3 session of Suwon Campus is underway, and if you have any question, please contact the person in charge of Suwon Campus. (email@example.com)
10. Classroom learning expectations
1) Respect teachers & others with civility. Being a SLI student requires appropriate behaviors in classroom where people from different backgrounds join for learning.
2) Focus on teacher’s instruction and keep communication open to others.
3) Do not unlawfully reproduce class materials. Any student who commits the reproduction including copying, bookbinding, PDF scanned, or taking a photoshoot shall not be able to participate in the class.
4) Students who conducting any of followings shall be suspended or expelled from the school.
-Disruptive behaviors including cell phone use not involved in class, unpermitted recording of class, and resistant to class activity.
- Inappropriate activity against learning purpose of visa i.e. un-approved part-time job
- Belligerent, disruptive and threatening action or word, drugs, disruptive behaviors mentally or physically to others (monetary deal, bullying)
- Any commitment against the Korean law
Last modified: 5 January 2023